jude par Jude

Thursday, November 10, 2005

So many books, so little wine...

My Boy and I went to Montreal last weekend. What a wonderful city. I love it there. I will post more on that later.

Last night was the second anniversary of my wonderful book club. Maria, Kari and I welcomed a new member (who I hope we didn’t scare too badly!) and had a blast. We had beef jerky, a shrimp ring, calamari, dehydrated desserts, homemade strawberry cupcakes (so good!!) some beer and two bottles of wine. Wow, what a night. If I’d remembered that it was our anniversary I would have brought a bottle of champagne. (Oh, and for the record, the weird food pertained to the book!!)

We’ve read a lot over the past couple of years:

11/03… A Student of Weather by Elizabeth Hay
12/03… The Secret History by Donna Tartt
01/04… Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
02/04… The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
03/04… The Romantic by Barbara Gowdy
04/04… Forty Words for Sorrow by Giles Blunt
05/04… Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood
06/04… Atonement by Ian McEwan
07/04… Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons by Lorna Landvik
08/04… Life of Pi by Yann Martel
09/04… Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
10/04… Clara Callan by Richard B. Wright
11/04… Blindness by José Saramago
12/04… She’s Come Undone by Wally Lamb
01/05… The Question by Austin Clarke
02/05… Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
03/05… Fluke by Christopher Moore
04/05… Murder Room by P.D. James
05/05… Perfume- The Story of a Murderer by Patrick Suskind
06/05… Requests and Dedications by Elise Levine
07/05… Silk by Alessandro Baricco
08/05… One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
09/05… Girlfriend in a Coma by Douglas Coupland
10/05… To Kill a Mocking Bird by Harper Lee
11/05… Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
And next month:
12/05… Alligator by Lisa Moore

It’s been great to hang out with these ladies. I look forward to more reading, more food and more laughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home