jude par Jude

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Engage! (Where's Patrick Stewart when you need him?!)


There we were in Montreal for the second time in two weeks. Our first trip had included the most incredible brunch. It was at Le Vaudeville and it was divine. We told each other we just had to come back, and soon! “We should do a whirlwind weekend trip sometime! Drive down Saturday for brunch on Sunday and drive home afterward!” Well, it just so happened that two weeks later we both had the weekend off. We thought “Why not?” and off we went.
There we were in the city that we both love so very much, having the brunch that we loved so very much, with each other who we love so very much. Was this brunch more than just a brunch? I had my suspicions, but kept them to myself. We ate, giggled and almost couldn’t believe we were there. Brunch went on and on and finally ended. (sigh) As I put my coat on I almost started to cry thinking “I could have sworn… Any minute now, I’m sure.” But then we left. We left and walked away. “But, but…” We got to the car and I looked at Kevin as he opened my door wondering how I could have got it all so wrong. I sat down, tucked my coat in and thought, “Oh well.” It was then that Kevin reached in, grabbed my left hand and got down on one knee. He got down on one knee in the bike lane between the cars and the curb. He got down on one knee in the gutter and asked if I would do him the great honor of giving him my hand in marriage.

3 Comments:

At 1/12/05 3:41 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a BEAUTIFUL ring!!! That's awesome... I'm so happy for you guys...

 
At 1/12/05 3:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 6/12/05 3:48 AM, Blogger JT said...

awww that's such a sweet moment. i'm happy for you guys! AND I LOOOOVE your ring!

best wishes!

- joyce (did work in Indigo sometime..)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home