jude par Jude

Thursday, December 08, 2005

"MUSTARD!!! GET YOUR MUSTARD!!"

Where do you live? There's a fantastic gentleman, Mr. Anton Kozlik, who sells mustard at the St Lawrence Market. Wait... what's this?? He's got a website! www.mustardmaker.com He's a lovely old gentleman who brings the whole family to work. He’s got a sweet little mustache and wears bow ties. “Get your mustard!!” He hollers. I’ve bought jar after jar. I recommend the Double C. A classic. Anton made sure to tell me that he puts a whole bottle of Canadian Club whisky in every batch of the Triple Crunch. I recently bought a jar of the Herbed Rosemary. (which I don’t see on the website) Old Smokey made me sad I’d already made my purchase. Delicious!! It will be my next jar. At the market booth, they offer all their mustards for tasting. There are pretzel sticks, which I suppose make a good dipper, but they’ve got nothing on the tiny cubes of freshly fried up peameal bacon offered on tooth picks. I can’t tell you how lovely the XXX Hot feels slamming against the back of your throat. If you don’t live in the Greater Toronto area, I insist you send away for a jar of Mr. Kozlik’s mustard. There’s a little bit of love in every one.

3 Comments:

At 8/12/05 2:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As is there's a whole website dedicated to mustard!!! That's awesome!

 
At 8/12/05 4:30 PM, Blogger Maria said...

I know the guy. I live in the neighbourhood. I have bought mustard from him!

 
At 19/12/05 9:43 AM, Blogger Maria said...

When are you going to update? I miss your posts, and now that you have so much readership!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home