jude par Jude

Friday, January 20, 2006

Gnomie

A few years ago my stepdad, D, bought a plug-in light up garden gnome. He was named Gnomie and has since become a beloved member of the family. Gnomie occasionally gets a place setting at Christmas dinner (actually I think that only happened once) and is always brought downstairs for present opening. My mom made place card candle holders for everyone one year. Gnomie got one too. It's become a running gag with the family that Gnomie is actually D's son. This arose when it became apparent that my brother thought the whole Gnomie thing was ridiculous. "Don't be jealous of your brother, Jesse" He gets so mad. It's too hilarious for words.

This year for Christmas my brother gave my stepdad a card saying that he accepts D and his plastic son. I will post a couple of pics taken of Gnomie this Christmas once I actually take them off my camera.

I love Gnomie just as much as if he were a real boy. Maybe one day the Blue Fairy will make all our dreams come true without Gnomie having to go through the whole swallowed by a whale/Fantasy Island/I've Got No String business. We can only pray, dream and wish upon a star.

1 Comments:

At 28/1/06 7:45 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

that is the most hilarious story ive ever heard (today).. i love u guys

 

Post a Comment

<< Home